Monday, February 11, 2013

Let's Try Something Chocolate

The best part about the Super Bowl is the food.  People come to us because of the boys so I always like to make a great selection of snacks.  Knowing we'd have plenty of awesome tasting bad for you food, I wanted to have a slightly healthier dessert spread.  Wait a minute, a healthy dessert?  Yup.  What did I do?  You know that answer!  I went straight to Pinterest.  I picked out two recipes and here's what the food panel said.

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
Culinary Tuesdays has a great recipe for these cupcakes.  You use greek yogurt when making the batter rather than eggs and oil.  That makes it a healthier dessert option.

 Let me tell you, Culinary Tuesdays got this recipe right!!  These were delicious.  The cheesecake part of the cupcake made it great without icing.  I had a can of cream cheese frosting in the pantry and got that out for people to use if they desired.  Turns out, the frosting gives the cupcakes a completely different flavor which was still awesome!!!  Across the board, these were loved by all.  Score!


Healthy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
This recipe came from Eliza's Edibles.  It's healthy because you get protein from pureed black beans.  Sound gross?  You couldn't taste them one bit.  Did I like the cookie?  The cookie was good, but I didn't like it.  That clear as mud?  It was very rich but it was a bitter dark chocolate flavor.  I'm not a fan of dark chocolate.  If I was a lover of dark chocolate, these cookies would be on my list of recipes to repeat.

If you try them out, let me know how you like them!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!