Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Funerals Suck!

They do. There's no way around it. And it's purely selfish too. I'm so sad. I won't get to see you or talk to you again. I want you here with me. Of course you're glad they aren't suffering anymore and with our savior in heaven, but it still hurts.

At least funerals bring families together. We got to be together as a family and haven't been that way since Nana's 90th surprise party 7 years ago. We got to hear stories about Nana, learning things about her as a person and not just a grandparent.  There is so much family history and it just hasn't been shared. It was wonderful spending times with cousins. It was therapeutic for Nana's three children to be together sharing their memories.

The hardest part for me, on top of dealing with adult grief, was trying to explain to my 3 year olds.  They just don't understand, not fully.  They don't know why Nana can't be in heaven and with us at the same time. With time, it will make more sense and will be easier for us to explain. Holding back tears while talking to them about it was nearly impossible. 

Nana, you were quite a woman. You were dearly loved by your family and will be missed dearly as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!