Monday, June 11, 2012

Christmas Craftiness

As I was scrolling through the pics on my phone, I realized I never took the time to showcase the fun gifts I made for Christmas for my fam.  I called it a crafty Christmas because everyone got a handmade gift of some sort.  I don't have pics of everything, but here's a taste.

Here's an awesome necklace I found on Pinterest.  Right away I knew I had to make my own for my sisters.
My favorite of all the necklaces I've made.

Here's how mine turned out!































I found the pendant on this necklace a year ago and never knew what to do with it.  This is what I came up with.  I loved it and so did my sis.  Of all the jewelry I've made her, she said this was her absolute fav!  Pretty snazzy compliment I think!



The shoe on the left was a clearance shoe I got from Target.  For $7, yes please.  Well, they were too snug on my feet and the only time I wore them, I knew I'd never wear them again.  I had seen a cool tutorial on refabing a pair of shoes with fabric and Modge Podge.  Same concept as the wristlet I did before, but this time on shoes.  I gave it a go.  The shoe on the left is how it turned out.  They were pretty stiff at first, but once she walked around in them, they stretched out and looked too cute.  Definitely a one of a kind pair of shoes!

















Both of my sisters have a desk at work so why not make them a cute post-it note holder based off THIS cute idea??




This was my first ever zipper pouch.  Following most of the directions over at Sew Delicious, minus the part about giving it a flat bottom, it turned out great!  Made both sisters one.


My sister is a Christmas FANATIC!!  I really mean F-A-N-A-T-I-C!!!  She listens to Christmas music all year.  She will watch Christmas movies year round.  She puts up her Christmas decor at the very beginning of November.  She sends out email countdowns letting you know how many days till Christmas year round. It's 196, by the way.  She is all about some Christmas.  She also loves to host parties.  I figured join those two loves together and a Christmas apron was the way to go.  One thing about me that isn't a great thing, I get impatient.  I was looking for an apron tutorial and couldn't find one I liked so instead of continuing my search so she'd get a great gift, I decided to wing it.  It's not perfect, but it did turn out cute.  She loved it so that's all that mattered!



























See her excitement??



























I gave out more, but these are the only pictures I kept on my phone.  Sometimes it just doesn't dawn on me to take a picture.  I have gotten better, though.  I want to be able to remember and be proud of the things I make.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Family, Friends, Bloggers of all kinds. Thanks for letting me know you were here. Leave your link so I can visit too!